Meals at the Code Monkey Hut can be interesting for our guests. Especially when they taste our Smoky Crispy Bits.
What You Need
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (we like hickory or mesquite)
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (balsamic works well too)
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw coconut flakes
- Braggs Liquid Aminos in a spray bottle
What You Do
- Preheat over to 350
- Line a baking sheet with parchment (or skip it and be prepared to have to scrub clean the pan)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the coconut flakes and Braggs in the spray bottle.
- Taste the mixture, it should be smokey, slightly spicy with a hint of maple. Adjust to your preference.
- Add coconut flakes and mix together until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread flakes in even layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake in over for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Toss/stir and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat the bake for 5 minutes deal until they are crispy enough for your taste. We go for about 15 minutes total.
- When crispy enough for you remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer to snacking bowl and enjoy.
Try them sprinkled on your next batch of Fathead Spread.