Five simple steps to health and happiness
Incorporate healthy elements that become a natural part of a programmers lifestyle.
There are five basic steps to implementing the Code Monkey Health Guide:
- Decide on the wellness element to complete
- Set your timer for 60 minutes (if you have acute condition or are highly motivated set for 25)
- When the timer goes off take 30 to 120 seconds to complete the wellness element
- Reset timer and repeat
- Every second 60 minute session (or fourth 25 minute session) take a 15 – 30 minute wellness break. This is the perfect time to eat a full meal and do something you enjoy. Just be sure to take the 30 to 120 seconds upfront for your wellness habit.
Consume plant based fat* every 3 to 4 hours, complete a full body movement every 3 to 4 hours, stretch and engage your “sitting muscles” every 3 to 4 hours, stretch and engage your hands and arms every 3 to 4 hours, stretch and engage neck every 3 to 4 hours, stretch and engage shoulders every 3 to 4 hour, complete a partial or complete body movement every hour, elevate your heart rate every 2 to 3 hours.
Following this standard will reduce pain, stiffness and fatigue; help improve energy, lower stress and anxiety, maintain healthy blood pressure and weight, elevate your mood, and keeps the heart healthy. Further, regular exercise stimulates the memory function region of the brain to release a chemical (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) which rewires your memory circuits making them work better.
*We are not advocating a vegan or vegetarian diet. We will clarify the reasoning later.
Begin by running a Plant Based Fat every 3 to 4 hours. After successful integration add Full Body Movement every 3 to 4 hours. Then continue adding elements as you prefer until all are fully integrated. If unable to integrate one or more elements within 14 days, consider working with a freelance health coach/trainer with experience supporting programmers.
Work Day Includes
- Plant Based Fat – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Full Body Movement – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Hip n Knee – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Fluid HEW (Hands, Elbows & Wrists) – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Neck Support – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Shoulder Swagger – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Back Guard – runs every 3 to 4 hours
- Heart Rate Optimizer – runs every 2 to 3 hours
Code Monkey Health offers one on one and group coaching both in person and via Skype/Facetime/Hangouts or as an actual webinar. Contact us today to schedule your session!
(The Complete Guide is also available on GitHub)